Why every (serious) photographer needs a 70-200 lens

If you have ever heard the term holy trinity of lenses, which is a way of saying you need 3 lenses to cover as much range as possible - a wide angle, a standard zoom, and medium telephoto lens, the 70-200mm focal range is definitely one of them. Even in sports photography, while you might drop of one those in order to have a 400/500/600mm prime, the 70-200 will still be in that line-up 99% of time.

Read More

Op Tech rain sleeves - protecting your camera and lens!

If you live in a country where it rains a lot, like Ireland where I am, or if it's currently winter time when you're watching this video, you might have found yourself in a situation where you need some protection for your camera and lens.

Now, I've had my share of experiences with supposed weather sealing and/or waterproof pieces of technology not holding up, so I'm extra careful these days.

If you also shoot often at the beach where sand will easily fly and hit your camera, or dusty areas, then a protective sleeve will also be useful.

It's crazy how expensive a professional sleeve can cost, many, more expensive than some lenses. The ones I use are cheap, but seem to do the job. They're called Op Tech Rainsleeves and they come in 4 different sizes, you can find the links in the description below. By the way, the video above is not a sponsored video.

Op Tech Rainsleeve

Small 8 inch:

Flash, 14 inch:

Original 18 inch:

Mega, 25 inch: